Thursday, May 27, 2010

Parxxxxx

After leaving Minneapolis I was exhausted from not being able to sleep much, because it was so damn humid and hot.  Not much to say about Fargo except that I stayed with Claire's friend and we walked around for a little while; I checked out the downtown.  It wasn't as horrible as everyone had said, but it wasn't that amazing either.  Either way, I left the next day early and drove 7 hours to a little town called Medora, ND.  It was pouring and thunderstorming with a side of gusting winds.  I was planning on camping there, but there was no way in hell I was going to camp in that weather.

So I chilled in the backseat of my car and just read for like 2 hours, got a hamburger from a local restaurant, and read some more.  Then it cleared up a little, although still freezing cold outside, and I walked around by the train tracks.  It was a really cool little town, definitely a tourist town, but very beautiful-it was surrounded by badlands.  As the sun was setting I decided quickly to drive up into the park (Theodore Roosevelt National Park) and it was so windy and beautiful.  It was quiet and peaceful and relaxing.  I ended up sleeping in my car that night and not very well, and left the next morning at 7am!



No comments:

Post a Comment