Friday, May 21, 2010

Wisconsin

Where was I...

So the day before we left, we decided to take a long walk around the city again.  We made the executive decision to take the dog too.  We walked along the lake, and when we were close to one of the museums, all of a sudden like 20 kids came running towards us wanting to pet the dog.  It was pretty funny.  There was some school field trip and kids were EVERYWHERE.  We decided to head downtown.  I went into a shop to get ice cream, and when I came out there was a bunch of yelling and I saw a police officer arresting someone that was resisting.  10 steps later there was a crazyass car with quotations all over it and terrifying dolls.  It also featured a loudspeaker with this guy's voice ranting about all these different things he believed in.  Then he parked and got out, he looked kind of bum-ish, but I was very glad to see him, because weird characters like that always light up my life.

Then we walked north towards home.  We ran into his magician friend from the night before; I sat on the dock of the river.  A goose slowly came closer and closer to me, then eventually right next to me.  It was cute, but I was also mildly afraid of it.   Later that night we went to this park on the lake and drank some beers and walked by the art museum so that I could get some night pictures.  It was very nice.  I left the next morning and back on the road I was..to Madison!

No comments:

Post a Comment